2:00 pm to 11:00 pm IST
As an Application Development Analyst, you will have proven software development skills, strong math skills and will ideally have had some exposure to finance or accounting-related systems. In this role you will be able to immediately contribute with solid experience in system operations, development and on-going support as well as have the financial acumen to quickly learn basic investing concepts. From job scheduling, data feeds, and production operations… to requirements, design, coding, interfaces, and data flows… to troubleshooting and root-cause analysis, you will be challenged to contribute.
• Collaborate with Investments Operations, Accounting and Controllership teams to construct long term IT solutions to support Genworth’s investment goals
• Support the operation and maintenance of Genworth Investments Trading & Accounting Platform
• Manage the day- to-day operation and coordination of IT processes and enhancements
• Code and maintain custom or canned reports, system interfaces and extracts
• Create interfaces and load-scripts to ancillary financial and reporting systems
• Coordinate with project, support, and business analysts to deliver new or enhanced application code solutions
• Collaborate with Business Analysts to create technical/functional test plans and scripts to validate design, development and implementation of system/reporting deliverables and obtain user sign-off
• Monitor IT processes and ensure successful completion of production daily and monthly runs
• Support the Genworth Investments and accounting functions by troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of application problems. Identify action items and make recommendations to address process and/or coding issues
• Monitor process metrics and initiate process improvement efforts for IT processes
• Coordinate the conversion of accounting interfaces, reporting and downstream extracts to the new Enterprise Data Management environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science.
• 2+ years minimum as Applications Developer
• Solid understanding of relational databases, SQL statements, PL SQL Procedures, ETL data transformations, shell scripts, JAVA scripts, etc.
• Experience and working knowledge in Data Warehouse and ETL tools/technologies.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing automated jobs
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) & Agile methodologies
• Experience in developing and/or supporting Accounting, Finance or Investments systems
• Experience working with business users.
• Proven history of detail-oriented execution and commitment to customer satisfaction.
• 2 years of experience developing complex Finance, Investments, Portfolio Management and/or Capital Markets systems
• Good understanding of Microsoft .Net framework, C#, VB.Net or ASP.Net
• Experience with accounting principles, practices, and methodologies
• Experience in working with data feeds, such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Markit, or similar
• Java and/or Python experience
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
• Medical and Life Insurance
• Annual Leave up to 25 business days
• Parental Leaves: Maternity, Paternity, Adoption
• 12 Casual leave days per year
• 12 Sick leave days full pay per year
• 11 Paid Holidays per year
• Utility Allowance for Telephone and Internet
• Employee Assistance Program
• Business Travel Accident Insurance
• Gratuity Eligibility
• Retirement Saving Plans
Genworth Financial India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genworth that works closely with our Strategic suppliers based out of India, providing services to Genworth’s businesses globally.
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.