Leidos Government Health Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced ETL Lead, contingent upon contract award, to support NIH programs in Bethesda, MD. The position is part of a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort. As the largest biomedical research agency in the world, NIH has access to extensive data via numerous web applications, data services and other mechanisms, and requires advanced business intelligence dashboards to support smart decision-making.
This role is expected to be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid onsite work.
The ideal candidate is a good communicator, works well in teams as a leader and an individual contributor, and an intellectually agile problem-solver able to deal with complex concepts comfortably. The candidate will be able to retain composure and work well in a team while developing standard practices, participating in cross training, and sharing solutions for consistent support of the systems. The ETL Lead will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with analysts and other technologists to ensure applications and tools meet the mission requirements.
As the ETL Lead, you will be able to demonstrate the skills, ability and experience required to do the following:
- Lead and participate in all software development activities such as research, design, development and maintenance of dashboard and integration from multiple database systems
- Responsible for performing complex ETL optimization tasks involving large ORACLE databases and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts
- Work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple database environments
- Work with Informatica PowerCenter for extraction, transformation and loading data into enterprise data warehouse.
- Lead the monitoring, identification, advising, and responding to events such as changes to external data sources or “end of life” for existing technologies
- Demonstrated experience upgrading databases and porting data is required
- Work and manage within a 24/7 operations environments for availability to the users
- Experience providing and recommending solutions on systems integration, system redundancies, business intelligence and how best to utilize and maximize current systems and infrastructure
- Experience managing and initiating cross-team meetings, stand-up huddles and brainstorming sessions when needed to coordinate rapid response to emerging issues.
- Work within Data Cloud, Data warehouse, Analytics, and/or Multi Cloud environment (Amazon, Azure)
- Manage multiple, complex initiatives and communicate across multiple teams and leadership
- Build and maintain positive relationships with multi-layered teams and staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 8+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 8+ years of related experience IT field
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience working with Informatica PowerCenter in Enterprise Data warehouse
- Expert in Informatica and its features extensively in migrating data to Enterprise Data warehouse
- Experience with full life implementation of Datawarehouse projects; Ability to read/write complex queries for data validation and performance tuning techniques for Oracle/Informatica
- Informatica Administration
- Experience optimizing ETL loads and process automation; OLAP Business objects,
- Support developers to develop and enhance the processes, test, and implement ETL stored procedures, triggers, and views
- Experience working in Agile and/or ITIL framework
- Must have experience developing database applications in.NET Framework, using SQL Server
- Must be familiar with Object Oriented Design and use of Design Patterns
- Must be familiar with ETL Development tools
- Experience with managing 24/7 operations with 99.5% environments availability to the users
- Must have strong Data analysis experience
- Must have strong ETL Development
- Must have experience in designing the solutions for architecture review
- Must have experience developing and maintaining system design documentation
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Capability to initiate cross-team meetings, stand-up huddles and brainstorming sessions when needed to coordinate rapid response to emerging issues.
- Have experience with Data Cloud, Data warehouse, Analytics, and/or Multi Cloud environment (Amazon, Azure).
- Have the demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Have customer focusing building and maintaining positive relationships with multi-layered teams and staff
- Proven ability to do critical analysis to determine root cause in a complex environment while weighing the pressure of availability for a mission critical system
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- UML and database design
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: Java, Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
- Experience in database migration to Cloud
- Experience in Cloud Data Factory and SQL Server
Pay Range $101,400.00 – $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.