Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Information Assurance/ Security Specialist,
Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Understands the OSI model and TCP/IP networking, and basic knowledge of network and host exploitation techniques.
- Understands systems configuration and management of firewalls, IDS, servers, and work stations.
- Collects data and reports results.
- Handles and escalates security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Provides incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data.
- Supports external investigations.
- Implements and uses Cisco Intrusion Prevention System.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
Minimum Education Required:
- BS or BA degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Four (4) years of experience with Windows OS platforms.
- Two (2) years of experience in a business or technical discipline.
- IAT Level III baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.