PRIMARY FUNCTION: In general, schedule, coordinate and supervise subcontractor activities. Depending on project complexity, may involve supervising all or several of the subcontractor trade groups (electricians, boilermakers, carpenters, etc.). This position reports to the Project Manager.
We want you to join our team!
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
“We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth” – John Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Plan and supervise field staff along with validating method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting project issues.
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, contract, and schedule.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required, including potential solutions (with appropriate approvals) and detailed recovery plans.
- Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary and applicable to the labor approach for the projects assigned.
- Monitor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Conceptualize, document, and clearly communicate project site logistics, visual planning and sequencing for adherence to contractual requirements.
- Maintain liaison with other departments and organizations (i.e., Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering, governing entities) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, and the like, to support project activities and schedule.
- 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 8 years supervisory experience in similar facility construction implementing technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and demonstrated ability to control and supervise similar facility projects.
- Recent experience with Data Center, Technology, and/or Mission Critical projects of $15M value or more.
- Project assignments that may require extended long term temporary living arrangements or frequent travel to non-local job sites.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.