Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
The purpose of this role is to deliver technical capability and direction for platform and application infrastructure that supports strategic initiatives. Advise on tactical and strategic issues relating to established technology and future adoption calling upon internal and external technical advances. Perform a principle role in defining the technology strategy based on market, technical and competitive analysis affecting the broader organization.
Carry out complex design, development, testing, documentation, code review and analysis of various software applications and technical specifications, complying with established methodologies. Creatively enhance existing product lines with new capabilities and features.
Focus on product enhancements and solutions for complex problems and perform a pivotal role in the integration of developed software utilising user interfaces and data. Engineer sophisticated new solutions for large-scale go-to-market system offerings, encompassing CDK’s entire product line. Be a subject matter expert in technical leadership, direction, and design, and mentor others whilst fostering collaboration and innovation throughout the Product & Engineering community.
• Participate in the development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data.
• Propose product enhancements and the adoption of new features, including new technologies.
• Create and design programming code.
• Make recommendations on how software features and functionality can best be utilized by the end-user.
• Attends training courses as required and stay abreast of evolving internal processes and industry developments.
• Applies problem-solving skills to provide customer support to resolve escalations.
• Works in a team environment.
• Follows all engineering standards and practices and measure & achieve engineering metrics/goals
• Directs and guides clients through resolution of technical issues.
• Provides other ad hoc support and duties as assigned.
• Create sophisticated, imaginative and efficient reusable software solutions for large scale systems, across multiple browsers for various devises and operating systems.
• Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups, make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance and performance.
• Propose product enhancements and the adoption of new features including new technologies.
• Assess new issues and take ownership of establishing protocol for problem resolution.
• Technically documents software deliverables, through user cases, design documents and technical specifications.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
• Be able to understand and interpret existing application software solutions. Be able to demonstrate expertise in interpreting business requirement specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet the stated requirements that support business processes with a high-degree of user-database interaction.
• A working knowledge of current operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows etc.).
• Experience to good understanding of working with software version control techniques, such as SVN or Git
• An appreciation of Scrum-based Agile development methods and processes.
• An ability to work to pre-defined timescales.
• Experience in C# (.NET) and/or NodeJs or working experience in any contemporary programming language
• Experience in JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
• Solid experience in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure)
• Experience in designing and building persistence layers using relational and non-relational database technologies such as Oracle and PostgreSQL
• Experience in REST API design principles
• Experience in writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests)
• Experience in version control and CI/CD tools (Git, Stash, Jenkins, Bamboo)
• Solid understanding of object oriented programming principles. Knowledge of Functional programming principals advantageous.
• Existing Automotive Domain Knowledge advantageous
• Excellent communication skills in English
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we’re united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you’ll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths
Your benefits. To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
The perfect opportunity awaits. Start your career with CDK Global.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.