GIS Data Architect
The Geospatial Solutions and Integration Portfolio (GISP) is seeking a Data Scientist in the greater St. Louis, MO area to support contracts centered on GEOINT data production for the DoD/IC. The GISP provides geospatial intelligence support across a broad number of offices and agencies in the form of geospatial products, analysis, engineering and services. The opportunity is for a candidate with great technical experience and existing skillsets to support the creation of geospatial products that inform decision makers for analysis, planning, execution of and in theater operations for the Warfighter to ensure mission success.
The GIS Data Architect shall:
- obtain, analyze, exploit and utilize a variety of geospatial sources in support of data analytics, data production, data fusion and marketing data sources to a variety of customers to support their mission needs.
- devises modeling and data manipulation techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and other principles to identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address data viability to enhance customers data holdings.
- Provide documentation for methods, algorithms, models and SOPs to use/used in data science solutions to grow internal IP, enhance data knowledge and usability.
- Lead a team of analysts revolving around data exploration, prep, and provision.
- Complete data and data tool/software utilization reports to management to inform data procurement activities and inclusion of data in production.
- Work with data suppliers as needed to understand their data, holdings and capabilities as it pertains to efforts within GISP.
- Work with Leidos customers to ensure they understand the applicability and value of data proposed or sold to the DoD/IC.
- Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills to interact with data suppliers, and the customers.
- Attend trade shows and working groups as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to geospatial data manipulation. 8+ years of relevant experience to the overall skills required.
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate. Strong knowledge of government, open and commercial geospatial data types and applications
- Knowledge and ability to manage large amounts of data for data transferring, conversion, conflation and dissemination while in a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, spatial analysis tools and concepts, data mining methods, database structures and analytic information extraction and visualization
- Ability to lead work unit proactively addressing and responding to difficult data science-related challenges in a timely manner while effectively balancing competing priorities.
- Have a working knowledge of how-to bring data statistics to consumable dashboard and other visualization platforms.
- Serve as the data knowledge bridge to the internal software engineering team.
- Demonstrated strong writing and briefing skills to educate managers, the customer, internal engineers, and the production teams as needed.
- ESRI Products (ArcPro, Map, SDE, etc)
Database structures – File Geodatabase, PostgreSQL, SpatiaLite
Dashboard Software – Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
This position has a target range for compensation of $110,000 – $120,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range $59,150.00 – $91,000.00 – $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.