Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Peterson AFB, CO
GDIT is currently seeking an HBSS Technician to join the IAFNOS contract at Peterson AFB, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
This position provides Information Assurance and integration support on the HBSS (Host-Based Security Solution) tool suite and administrative/analytical support to HBSS Tier 1.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and analyst support to the 33 NWS on the HBSS suite of tools
- Policy development, distribution and management
- Event Management- Monitor, detect, analyze, respond
- Report Management – New vulnerabilities, faulty policies, coordination with Tier 2 & 3
- Detection of new and rogue clients on AF networks
- Maintain logs
- Provide system analysis, troubleshooting and integration support for HBSS on the Air Force Network
- Provide support to policy development and management
- Ensure policies are tested and disseminated
- Provide engineering artifacts for C&A efforts as required
Please note: Shift work is possible.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of IT-related IA/security experience desired
- DoD 8570 Security certification ( Security+ CE at a minimum) required
- Experience with HBSS suite of McAfee tools or similar host-based security solutions.
- Systems Administrator experience
- Red Hat experience
- Ability to obtain McAfee 201, 301, and 501.
- Must be willing to obtain a MCSA Server 2016 within in 90 days from conversion
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
#cjobs #dicepost #gdpost #kmp #Defense #IAFNOS
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $20.65 – $30.97, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA CO Peterson AFB
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.