Job Category: Full-time
Group: Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution and Global Network
Location: San FranciscoHEAD OF DATA POLICY
Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
San Francisco, CA
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. The Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (“the Centre”) is a hub for global, multi-stakeholder cooperation to develop policy frameworks and advance collaborations that accelerate the benefits of science and technology. The Centre is looking for a Head of Data Policy who will play a lead role in navigating data-related challenges and opportunities across the Centre’s portfolio of international mult-istakeholder projects and teams.
The Forum’s Data Policy portfolio aims to define, through a process of international multi-stakeholder dialogue and cooperation baseline norms, principles and protocols for the collection, appropriate use, and protection of data. This is a truly cross-cutting role and project area, as data is integral to all technology but particularly core to technologies shaping the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The Head of Data Policy will guide projects on data governance, security, privacy, and innovation across the Centre’s portfolios on topics including AI/Machine Learning, IoT, Blockchain, Autonomous and Urban Mobility, Drones, Environment (4IR for the Earth), and Precision Medicine. This person will also facilitate engagement across the Forum’s existing global communities of business executives, leading academicians from the world’s top research universities, government officials, start-up community, media, civil society organizations, social entrepreneurs, and Centre Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Centre’s portfolio teams to curate and drive a series of multistakeholder dialogues that explore the normative challenges and public-private partnership opportunities for data-related issues in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Utilizing user-centered design, develop and coordinate the management of multistakeholder projects and/or processes that shape governance frameworks or catalyze partnerships to address data-related industry and societal challenges
- Manage a geographically distributed team, currently based in San Francisco, New York and Tokyo.
- Partner with the Forum’s regional engagement teams in their efforts to engage governments and other constituents in the Centre’s activities and projects and pilot them at the national, regional, or local level
- Work with the Forum’s Systems Initiative and Industry teams to capture content and community-building synergies inherent in the Forum’s work on the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Oversee and drive specific projects relating to data policy
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant master’s or doctoral degree (preferred)
- Minimum 15 years’ professional experience, including leadership roles involving public-private cooperation; government experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of policy issues and policy-making processes in different contexts. Experience related to data and technology related issues is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to direct applied research projects
- Willingness to work in a start-up dynamic environment where the outcomes are more important than reporting structures and team sizes
- Outstanding verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!
The World Economic Forum encourages applicants from around the globe with diverse experiences and background. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including assistance with relocation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.