Peraton is seeking an IT specialist to support Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). The IT specialist will provide expertise to achieve completion of cyberspace operations orders from 24AF (AFCYBER). The IT specialist will develop and implement strategic goals to refine and improve the defense and mission capability AFSPC’s cyberspace assets supporting space mission systems. Candidate must have direct experience with risk management framework and cybersecurity.
What you’ll do…
- Recommend and aid in streamlining, improvement, and repair of existing processes and implementation procedures.
- Coordinate with units and subordinate units to clarify, deconflict, and track tasks required in conducting cyberspace operations on AFSPC portions of the Air Force Network (AFNET).
- Using existing Air Force Forces processes, review orders and write subordinate order outlining tasks for the technical details of space systems.
- Provide strategic concepts, methods, and direction to customer in support of CSSP activities for AFNET AFSPC.
- Support routine and emergency cyberspace protection team requests.
- As required, participate in 14 AF operational planning team actions.
- Recommend and aid in improving, repairing, and streamlining existing customer processes and implementation procedures.
- Track task order completion to subordinate units; respond to questions from subordinate units for task completion assistance.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for team members.
- Communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships.
- Negotiate complex issues and write comprehensive studies.
- Possess strong analytical and product management skills, including understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate to application and operational requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, IBM Analyst Notebook, and message distribution/retrieval software.
- Prepare and prove reports, briefings, and informational analyses in support of AFSPC and 14 AF.
- Participate in customer exercises (after duty hours as required). Adhere to customer policies, schedules, and master plans.
- Develop solutions to program problems. Complete records management of sustainment related deliverables and documentation.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have a BS/BA degree (or equivalent experience) and eight (8) years of related experience.
You have a CSSP Incident Responder, CSSP Analyst, DOD 8570.01-M for IAM Level 2.
- You have a current TS/SCI security clearance and maintain the clearance.
It would be even better if you…
- Have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows operating systems administration and associated hardware.
- Have working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and data backup technologies, including communication security integration.
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and interact with various military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
- Demonstrate high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Are willing to travel as required – approximately 25% (air/ground).
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.