As an Infrastructure Engineer you will join PNC’s Technology Infrastructure Services Organization and function as a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer to develop, implement, maintain, and support PNC’s virtualized desktop platform. This individual, located in Pittsburgh, PA, or remote and will focus on VDI as it is designed, rolled out, and adopted, as well as work with virtualization teammates to support the overall virtualized environment.
• Building, configuring, support and maintaining of the VMware Horizon.
• Management of the virtual desktop environment through automation (PowerCLI preferred)
• Engage as requested with appropriate teams to evaluate, guide, and support implementation of custom VDI solutions
• Ownership of the processes involving provisioning, rebuilding, and decommissioning virtual desktops
• Support the virtual desktop infrastructure
• Collaborate with desktop team to support clients using virtual desktops
• Collaborate with the virtualization team to support existing VMware infrastructure
• Collaborate with the architecture team for the design of the VDI Environment
• Leverage existing corporate application packaging and operating system deployment practices
• Document standards, policies, and procedures involving the VDI environment
• Demonstrate management of change to the VDI environment through planned implementations and minimal disruption
• Other project related and/or BAU activities
Skills for this position include:
Extensive experience with VMware Horizon View, AppVoulmes, vRops, and VDI Administration
Extensive experience with Windows OS, Powershell, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Image management
Experience with managing and troubleshooting Converged or Hyperconverged infrastructure environments
Experience with managing down-level domain environments
Ability to troubleshoot, identify, and correct issues within the VDI environment
Ability to work with other teams to resolve issues and determine solutions for users
Working knowledge of server, network, and end user devices
Experience with ServiceNow- incidents, changes, problem records, requests
- Applies solution design and support while consistently meeting customer needs. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain infrastructure technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Independently solves common problems and updates applications with new technology.
- Collaborates with engineers, architects, developers and other staff to meet project objectives.
- Analyzes the technological needs of customers and provides ongoing support for clients.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.