WHO WE ARE
We are Privo, an AWS Advanced Consulting partner headquartered in Woburn, MA with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cybersecurity. Not only do we plan, build and optimize for our clients, but we also have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24×7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. We combine deep AWS experience with a genuine joy for the work we do. Working closely with great companies to solve their most important IT challenges is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We are seeking people who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn; and we give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
We want you to help build our AWS Professional Services team. As an AWS Premier Partner, we have a healthy pipeline of highly technical work, and we’re constantly pushing the boundary of what’s possible in the AWS cloud.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing engineering support during the sales cycle, act as a subject matter expert where needed, and ultimately for deploying Privo solutions in AWS. We want engineers, not sales executives! Expect to keep your hands on the keyboard as you not only design, but build complex technical solutions for our Life Sciences, Financial Services, and ISV/SaaS clients in AWS.
There’s no such thing as “hands off” at Privo, and we only know one speed. We have a strong emphasis on automation so a big part of this role is contributing to our automation scripts. We automate everything! Speed is key when you’re on the forefront. If you’re a slow learner, or you prefer a more deliberate pace, you’ll probably be a little uncomfortable with the rate of learning and the breadth of new projects/clients. However, If that sort of thing excites you, you’ll have an opportunity to be right on the cutting edge of cloud technology, growing your AWS skills faster than you could have imagined.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in AWS engineering work (including designing and deploying complicated solutions) for clients
- Be the face of Privo with your clients – an over the top communicator (on the phone and video calls) and analytical thinker to guide client decision making during project, interact successfully with vendors and other IT personnel, and ensure Privo is always moving the ball forward
- Be a consultant and leverage your brain at every step of the engagement to deliver the best solution possible for the client
- Own your projects, own your decisions, and take pride in doing the best job you can
- Contribute to Privo’s codebase with CloudFormation, Terraform, or potentially other automation and scripting languages
- Participate in an on-call rotation for emergency support issues
- Acquire and maintain all 5 of the “core” AWS certifications (Solutions Architect – Associate, Solutions Architect – Developer, SysOps Administrator – Associate, Solutions Architect – Professional, DevOps Engineer – Professional)
- Dedicate roughly 65% of your time to engineering tasks
- Contribute to Privo’s ever growing knowledge base
- Be an AWS platform expert in the “core” infrastructure areas (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, etc.)
- Maintain expertise in a subset of Privo’s strategic AWS services (WorkSpaces, AppStream, ECS, CodeDeploy, EMR, Batch, SageMaker, etc.)
- Act a subject matter expert as needed to support engineers engaged with Privo’s Managed Services client portfolio, and help out with solution design and scoping for the sales team as needed
- Occasionally contribute to Privo’s marketing outreach efforts in the form of blog posts, webinars, in-person events, etc.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Never stop learning, and push outside your comfort zone
- Contribute positively to the kick ass Privo culture!
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure experience overall
- 5+ years working with the Microsoft server stack – Server, Exchange, SQL, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Alternatively, 5+ years working with Linux administration (DNS, LDAP, web servers like apache and nginx, package management, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise, and solutions architecture (preferably in AWS)
- At least 1 Associate Level AWS certification (Certified Solutions Architect, for example)
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following areas of traditional IT infrastructure: storage, firewalls, networking, hypervisor, VDI, database administration, web apps
- Experience working on large scale IT projects related to design, deployment, and configuration
- Proven track record of delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Any experience administering services on AWS (EC2, VPC, ECS, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53,WorkSpaces, AppStream 2.0, CloudWatch, CloudTrail,, etc.) would be a wonderful bonus
- Expertise with modern DevOps concepts, CI/CD processes, git commands, container platforms (docker, kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Obsessive need to automate. Relevant languages include: bash, python, PowerShell, AWS CLI
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
- Comfortable working with CloudFormation, Terraform, or a healthy appetite to learn!
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- An infectious, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects going on
- Not afraid to learn a few new tricks!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A ridiculously great work environment. Our top priority as a company is creating a place where people love to work. Our office is relaxed, collaborative, and fun. No bureaucracy or micromanagement here! We understand that people want to come to work to make an impact, solve interesting problems, help their teammates, grow their skills and their careers, and build something great. We give you the freedom, respect, and resources you need to do just that. On top of that, the company is growing extremely fast which is both exciting and challenging at the same time. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, you’ll love it here.
- Ability to Work Remotely. Working at Privo allows you the flexibility of working from home (only if you want to!). We collaborate using Slack and Zoom and it works great. If you are within driving distance from Boston, we ask that you come to the office every other Thursday, where we get everyone together for a bi-weekly meeting and bring in lunch. Come in every day if you want! For remote employees, we try to get together at least quarterly, either by flying you to our office, meeting you at AWS re:Invent, or somewhere else. The hours and location are insanely flexible.
- Grow your AWS Skills. We have a steady stream of incredibly exciting and challenging AWS migration and management work, most of it referred directly from AWS. Work alongside extremely talented AWS solutions architects and learn the AWS platform inside and out. You’ll have opportunities to solve some of the juiciest technical problems you’ll ever encounter. Privo will pay for you to take a number of AWS certification exams and any other certifications that are relevant to your role/Privo AND we’ll award you with a $250 bonus for all successfully completed/passed exams. You will never get bored here!
- Time Off. 15 days PTO. 1 Floater (Your birthday), 9 Paid Holidays, Parental Leave, 4 Day Work Weeks (after 18 months of service)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. 100% of the individual premium paid by Privo, 85% of the dependent premium paid by Privo.
- 401K Match. Eligible after 6 months/1000 hours
- Company issued laptop (that doesn’t suck).
- Cell Phone Stipend.
- Employee Referral Bonus.
- HeyTaco Rewards. $5 Starbucks, Amazon, Dunkin Donuts, movie tickets, etc.
- Charitable Gift Matching.
- Quarterly Company Outings.
- Free Bose Headphones. After 90 days, when you register for an exam to obtain a certification
THE COVER LETTER IS KEY
If this sounds like your kind of place, we, of course, want to see your resume, but more importantly, we want to hear why you think you would be successful here. We’re not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story. If you half-ass a cover letter or send something generic, we’re going to half-ass our consideration and send you a generic rejection letter. No offense.
We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.