It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Project Manager to join our team and will have a foundational role in establishing and maturing our technology strategy to support our firm's global growth. This role directly reports to the Vice President – Infrastructure Demand Management.
The Infrastructure Project Manager independently manages a full range of projects, including the larger and more complex corporate or departmental projects and implementations. They organize and complete projects, ensure adherence to deadlines, manage budgets, help determine the project's goals and oversee quality control. You will also coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to achieve infrastructure project success according to plan.
Since the Infrastructure team is involved in anything from new platforms, technologies, upgrading data centers and new locations, building relationships with partners and colleagues will be imperative to your success.
- Manage project outcomes against success benchmarks to ensure that results support customer needs, requirements and their service expectations
- Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of primary business systems and involve process changes to multiple departments
- Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality
- Evaluate the impact to the project if changes are made to these constraints
- Manage potential risks and develop contingency and mitigation plans
- Influence, obtain support, and negotiates resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, important partners, and project team members
- Identify the areas for improvements and lead the project effort in standardizing the procedures, streamlining, enhancing, and making processes simple
- Manage the efficient daily running of the IT project with best practice project methodology and collaboration capabilities to ensure success of the project
- Take end-to-end project ownership to prevent roadblocks and anticipate and avoid problems before they become project blockers
- Take control of all assigned IT projects end-to-end to challenge project members and inform partners of project outcomes
- Make sure project documentation is complete, and communicated to relevant team members
- 4+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations Projects
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with medium to large projects involving IT Infrastructure technologies such as cloud, network, telecom, systems engineering, data center, and storage in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and experience managing projects in both
- Experience in JIRA, MS Project, or Project Portfolio Management tools
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment – we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER