At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or be granted authorization by the appropriate U.S. government agency to access such information.
Are you a self-starter, a highly motivated individual with a strong knowledge of export, import and sanctions regulations and the ability to be innovative and provide solutions? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such an innovative spirit. This is a great opportunity to join a compliance team who is passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to drive regulatory compliance.
What you will be doing…
You will work with the Aerospace, Defense and Marine International Trade Compliance team to drive compliance with US Government requirements and TE standard work for the project management of product migrations, self-assessments, risk management, technology transfers and routine, periodic audits for our business units.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Review, analyze and manage the ITC requirements associated with any planned product migrations to assure applicable regulations are applied and all associated transactions are compliant with all export and import regulatory requirements.
- You will be working closely with business unit customers and the AD&M ITC team to manage self-assessments and periodic audit to assure results are compiled and corrective actions are defined and implemented in a timely fashion.
- Analyze, provide guidance and ensure compliance with export control regulations and licenses or other export authorizations and controlled unclassified information (CUI) guidance to assure technology transfers are properly exported and meet all recordkeeping requirements.
- Assist in other risk management projects as assigned.
- Assist in definition, scope requirements and information gathering for technology transfer licensing and classifications.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the quality of workflows, templates and processes; maintain project timelines.
- Manage, maintain and update project related procedures, standard work and templates.
- Manage and maintain recordkeeping practices in accordance with US Government regulations and company policies.
- Assist the TE ITC teams by supporting ITC incident investigations and any derivative corrective actions.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, international relations, pre-law or similar field
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in International Trade Compliance with detailed knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms regulations, the Export Administration Regulations and the Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations, or related fields (contracts, regulatory compliance etc.) with strong knowledge of compliance, project and process requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with prior experience in migrations and technology transfers, including an ability to communicate complicated issues (legal or technical).
- Ability to solve complex problems using collaborative techniques.
- Flexible team player with ability to multi-task and work independently with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organization skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and implement regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Nice to have:
- Experience with complex technology transfers under various agency jurisdictions (US, EU and others), product and technology classifications and Export Control Reform
- Prior ITC project management in similar industries
- Ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.