Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live in a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
- Is responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for catastrophe modeling software and other analytics toolsets.
- Managing tickets using a call tracking system and ITIL processes. This includes direct end user communications, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Interacts with other internal IT teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve underlying problems.
- Performs installation and maintenance on multiple software instances, on a variety of hardware.
- Performs SQL Server and Windows Server administrative activities.
- Contribute to support knowledge base by creating or updating solution documents.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience required.
- Previous IT Application Support experience
- Microsoft Windows Server knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Server admin skills
- Microsoft Windows Server HPC knowledge
- Microsoft Azure experience
- ITIL knowledge and/or use of call tracking software
- Knowledge of Reinsurance and/or Catastrophe Modeling software, such as RiskLink or Touchstone
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with internal and external customers
- Able to work in a team environment, but at the same time, must work well independently
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older or must demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.