As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
** This is a virtual/Work from Home/WFH opportunity**
The IT Domain Leader has the accountability and responsibility for the overall delivery of IT infrastructure and applications for a specific area/client in the Wealth space. This leader independently oversees all aspects of software development – solution, architecture, design, development and testing – to ensure a quality product offering that meets the client needs. The IT Domain Leader needs to fully understand the IT needs of the Wealth clients aligned with him and is accountable for building a sustainable delivery model for those IT needs that can be reused across clients and projects.
The IT Domain Leader creates a team environment using agile principles to successfully deliver programs aligned to the Wealth Platform and Wealth Digital groups, including planning and managing the work, empowering the team, monitoring and summarizing progress, and managing and serving as an escalation point for risks.
- Ensure that IT functionality required for client success is being developed on time and with excellent quality.
- Use industry best practices to track progress and quality metrics, and if there are delays or defects, work with the team leaders to quickly fix the problems and get the functionality delivery back on track
- Prepare for what could go wrong during delivery and have plans in place to mitigate issues when they appear.
- Serve as a single point of contact with program teams and take the ownership from current state through final implementation working across business and technology programs.
- Provide program progress, program health, and quality reports to leadership both in IT and to client representatives.
- Provide the right level of detail based on the audience, and work with the IT teams to ensure accurate progress and quality to build the report data.
- Oversee the creation of release plans and share those regularly with business and technical leadership.
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate at multiple levels of the organization and with external partners, both technical and business aligned.
Stakeholder, Vendor, and Relationship Management:
- Develop strong working relationships with business leaders and external vendors and works closely on development and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Displays strong business acumen to address escalations with stakeholders and vendors, and facilitates an open, constructive dialogue with them on key issues and risks.
- Creates and maintains vendor contracts as our requirements and needs for various vendor services change over time. Maintains a healthy partnering relationship with our vendors and stakeholders.
- Effectively identifies client needs and works with stakeholders and business leads to deliver the highest priority deliverables first.
- Understands the “big picture" and can relate to the entire business problem along with the technical ramifications of every change.
- Sets quality expectations and goals for the team. Ensures the team maintains quality throughout the programs.
- Reviews quality reports and metrics to ensure high quality software is delivered to clients and identifies actions to improve team quality.
- Demonstrates a strong continuous improvement mindset and instills that same mindset in the program teams.
- Is skilled at driving change, adept at incorporating feedback to improve how the team operates, and is creative at delivering programs with fixed capacity and high quality.
- Helps the team understand the benefits of working in agile mode, and ensures that the agile methodology adopted by Alight is exercised throughout the program
Team Leadership and Inspiration
- Leads and manages multiple levels of resources as needed for the area of responsibility, ensuring excellent colleague mentoring, evaluation, and growth
- Works well within a matrixed environment where colleagues have reporting to multiple managers
- Builds relationships and assesses team performance and engagement.
- Energizes the team by setting goals and processes to motivate the team to do great work and drive overall team performance.
- Aligns the team to work assignments based on the best approach to get the work done.
- Ensures team members have skills and knowledge required for the program and plans high level resourcing of the program initially and ongoing.
- Extensive experience managing large, complex programs concurrently in agile, waterfall and bi-model programs across multiple functions
- Proven expertise successfully managing business and technical resources under an integrated program plan to ensure the alignment of resources across a matrixed environment
- Proven experience leading and working with senior leadership on successful programs
- Demonstrated experience delivering measurable business benefit through program execution
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross functional groups or activities
- Exposure with change management/facilitation, enterprise communication and training
- Highly organized, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Experience with process/system mapping and analysis
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding of Procurement, AP processes, and Finance / Accounting concepts a plus;
Experience and Education
- Experience with Defined Contribution, 401(k), Benefits Administration, and/or recordkeeping systems is required to allow for effective communication and understanding of the IT functionality expected by clients in this space
- 10+ years program management or delivery or operations experience
- 12+ years of professional work experience, including leading teams of 20-50 people at a director level in infrastructure or application development context
- Proficient Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Project Management best practices, process and tools;
- Project budgeting/costing expertise;
- Interpersonal skills to support team building: Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members;
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail;
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, preferably with agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience working directly with stakeholders in the management and delivery of projects
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new environments and lead and drive change
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong work ethic and tenacity.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills; articulate and persuasive
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.