The IT Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for planning and executing project work in support of UTMB’s Infrastructure software and hardware related projects. This position works with IT Leadership on project initiatives and planning, discussion, and communication to ensure the project team’s efficiency. This position will work closely with multiple departments of the organization, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of documentation for procedures, processes, and reports as they relate to the projects.
- Work with leadership to identify Key Performance Indictors as it relates to the projects.
- Ensure process efficiency by implementing/following processes and procedures which support the key performance indicators.
- Suggest improvements to the process continuously.
- Five or more years of experience working in IT and experience in IT infrastructure project implementation.
- Three years of project coordination/management experience.
- Experience in dealing with the transition or transformation of an organization's goals, processes or technologies.
- Ability to implement strategies for effecting change, controlling change and helping people to adapt to change.
- Ability to creatively problem solve using critical thinking skills.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision.
- Excellent at performing multiple tasks at the same time without erring.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership.
- Experience implementing IT infrastructure and IT security related software
- Experience working in Eclipse Project Management Suite is a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint as a document management and storage system is a plus.
Possess Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or business administration, or related field.
- ITIL/COBIT/LEAN or other industry certifications are a plus.
*Hours are Mon-Fri (8a-5p)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.