The IT Network Engineer is a self-starting technical SME supporting the implementation and steady-state maintenance for the LHS infrastructure systems relating to routers, switches, wireless, and all other layer 2 and 3 devices. He/she will manage from a strong hands-on perspective the use of current technologies and assist in architecting future technology implementations. The IT Network Engineer will collaborate with other IT team members on systems administration and engineering theories, concepts, and methods to develop and implement migration strategies to new technology. The IT Network Engineer also plays a role in the technical development and the build-out, configuration, and governance of the overall infrastructure environments as they collaborate with the project/development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary position focused on network infrastructure and associate components (Routing, Switching, Wireless/Wired)
- Responsible for analyzing a myriad of networking KPIs and recognize sub-par network performance
- Configures and troubleshoots Quality of Service (QOS) involving policing, shaping, shaping, and queuing throughout the enterprise
- Understanding and ability to manage layer 2/3 network for cloud-based platforms, including VOIP
- Perform analysis for collaboration of network/system needs and participate in planning, designing, upgrading, and deployment of enterprise data center hardware and software using a project-based timeline
- Ensure high availability to infrastructure systems in implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of physical and logical layer 2/3 systems
- Architect implementation of new technologies (cloud infrastructure)
- Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures relating to Layer 2/3 networks
- Manage projects that affect the entire company as well as individual clients
- Technically document system topology and design
- Coordinate technical documentation for configuration management, email procedures, and all other related documentation as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining business continuity including planning, implementation, and disaster recovery
- Provide recommendations for systems upgrades
- Work with infrastructure counterparts to evaluate new technology
- Act as a technical project lead on IT Operations or business projects as required
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise IT support
- 5+ years' experience installing/configuring/managing routers/switch, and other layer 2/3 devices
- Detailed understanding of computer server architectures and peripherals
- Above-average level working knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Understanding of and resolving layer 2/3 bottlenecks
- Solid understanding of server backup technologies & methodologies
- Ability to scope and specify technical solutions to satisfy customer requirement
- Strong understanding of Information Assurance concepts and security in virtual environments
- Mastery knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as TCP/IP and other networking protocols and services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Switching, Routing, Wireless, etc
- Advanced experience with (Level III/IIII Support)
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.