IT Oracle Application Developer
Remote – Richmond, VA
Qualified candidates will have proven software development skills, strong math skills, and will ideally have had some exposure to finance or accounting-related systems. Candidates will be able to immediately contribute with solid experience in system operations, development and on-going support, as well as have the financial acumen to quickly learn basic investing concepts. From job scheduling, data feeds, and production operations… to requirements, design, coding, interfaces, and data flows… to trouble-shooting and root-cause analysis… you will be challenged to contribute.
What you will be doing
• Collaborate with Investments Operations, Accounting and Controllership teams to construct long term IT solutions to support Genworth’s investment goals.
• Support the operation and maintenance of Genworth Investments Trading & Accounting Platform
• Manage the day-to-day operation and coordination of IT processes and enhancements.
• Code and maintain custom or canned reports, system interfaces and extracts.
• Create interfaces and load-scripts to ancillary financial and reporting systems.
• Coordinate with project, support, and business analysts to deliver new or enhanced application code solutions.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts to create technical/functional test plans and scripts to validate design, development and implementation of system/reporting deliverables, and obtain user sign-off.
• Monitor IT processes and ensure successful completion of production daily and monthly runs.
• Support the Genworth Investments and accounting functions by troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of application problems. Identify action items and make recommendations to address process and/or coding issues.
• Monitor process metrics and initiate process improvement efforts for IT processes.
• Coordinate the conversion of accounting interfaces, reporting and downstream extracts to the new Enterprise Data Management environment.
• Some travel may be required (<10%) between Genworth's Richmond and Stamford facilities.
What you bring
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science and/or finance or accounting
• 2+ years in the Information Technology (IT) discipline
• 2+ years of technical experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Markit EDM etc.
• 1+ years of experience in Python scripting.
• 2+ years of technical experience with relational databases, SQL statements, ETL data transformations, shell scripts, JAVA scripts, etc.
• 2+ years of technical experience with developing automated jobs with scheduling tools like Appworx, Autosys, etc.
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) & Agile methodologies
• Experience in developing and/or supporting Accounting, Finance or Investments systems.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with all business functions and build strong business partnerships.
• Proven experience resolving escalated technical issues.
Nice to have
• 2 years of experience developing complex Finance, Investments, Portfolio Management and/or Capital Markets systems
• Experience with accounting principles, practices, and methodologies
• Experience in working with data feeds, such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Markit, or similar.
What we offer
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
o Unlimited Choice Time Off
o 12 Paid Holidays
o 40 hours of volunteer time off
o 401K Account with matching contributions
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave
o Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance and accounting functions.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.