WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is a quality assurance position within BCG's Business Systems Group (BSG). The role of the BSG includes developing new and enhanced applications, as well as integrating and configuring third party software applications used by the Global HR, Finance, Marketing and Legal functions. The responsibilities of the BSG include enabling efficient processes within the Global Functions; leading and implementing system change initiatives; and supporting the functional user community to optimize the management of the business.
This role will focus QA of medium to large sized staffing system development projects to ensure high quality solutions for BCG's HR function. This role will work closely with HR systems project team and business stakeholders.
To be successful, this individual must have proven experience in quality assurance, ability define and execute test plans to verify system requirements, and the ability to effectively communicate with project team members and end users.
IT Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for understanding and building expertise on HR Application(s) functionality. The main responsibilities for this position are to design, create, execute and update test cases; log defects with proper documentation; plan and prioritize daily test execution and to provide help in making and adhering to testing related processes.
- Develop automation scripts and framework to help integrate tests seamlessly into the current development process
- Execute and maintain automation scripts and log defects
- Should be flexible to work on Manual/Functional testing as and when required
- Work with Development Team, Business Analysts and Service owners to understand/analyse requirements and build test cases.
- Act as a QA contact for respective Consultant application(s) for providing testing support
- Develop detail functional understanding of the Application(s)
- Work with the various Development functions to track, manage and help implement application changes either in the form of support fixes or system improvements / enhancements.
- Responsible for determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Strive to scale-up test coverage using automation
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium & Protractor to automate Web and Angular applications
- Experience with Jasmine framework,TestNG & Allure reporting
- Good command over JAVA & OOPS concepts
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA tool
- Understanding of Automation test life cycle
- Hands-on Experience in writing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Execution and Defect reporting
- Various types of testing – Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Able to design low level test cases from high level test cases with guidance
- Able to update test results while test execution as per timelines
- Able to execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect
- Possess knowledge of at least one defect management tool
- Possess understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Testing Life Cycle
- Possess knowledge of Testing Artefacts, Testing Deliverables
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and managers
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in working onshore-offshore model is preferred
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Electronics/Computer Science
- 7-9 years of experience in Testing/QA
- At least 3 years of experience in Automation Testing using Java or related technologies
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms,OOPS, and data structure
- Experience on working with Selenium & Protractor
- Hands-on experience in documenting test plans, test cases and test execution.
- Hands-on experience of testing online/web applications with knowledge of QA best practices
- Experience of working with both end users and IT.
- Experience in working on Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience of working Test management / Defect Management testing tools
- Specific training or certifications in Quality Assurance is preferred
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG’s information technology group collaboratively delivers the latest digital technologies that enable our consultants to lead and our business to grow. For our IT jobs, we seek individuals with expertise in the areas of IT infrastructure, application development, business systems, collaborative and social technologies, information security, and project leadership.