IT Support Specialist
Provides IT support to four Cape Cod and one Weston, MA Maplewood communities
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good life” in a safe environment. We are a premier senior living provider, offering independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation to Massachusetts seniors.
As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking an IT Support Specialist to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
- Competitive wages
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: Maplewood also offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time-off, voluntary Aflac insurance, a 401k plan and more!
The IT Support Specialist will work hand in hand with business and technology professionals to support and maintain our technology, including end-user computers, domain and email accounts, and peripheral equipment (printers, desk phones) in our Weston, West Yarmouth and Brewster, MA communities.
- Provide exceptional customer service either in person or remotely
- Resolve technical issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Configure and deploy user smart phones, laptops, desktops, iot devices, routers, switches, wireless access points and printers including installing, updating and upgrading software, installing hardware, password resets, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
- Manage user administration duties including documentation (software and hardware inventory) and ticket tracking
- Conduct Maplewood new hire onboarding for email and laptop navigation
- Manage IT asset inventory and manage off-boarding asset retrievals
- Test and evaluate new software and technology
- Working with our external IT, Phone system, MFP vendors and ISP/SIP service providers on connectivity, migrations, upgrades, and new system setups.
- Adhere to all IT support guidelines, process & procedure, and IT code of ethics
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of hands-on experience supporting end-user computers, including configuration, maintenance of desktops, laptops and related software and current operating systems
- A passion for helping others by sharing your knowledge of technology
- A polite, friendly demeanor
- An appetite for learning new things
- Solid time management skills including work planning, prioritization and organization with an ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal, team collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Analytical and critical thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Windows 10 and Mac OS experience
- Microsoft 365 support experience
- Remote desktop support
- Patch management
- Active directory and exchange administration
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting
- TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- A+ certification or equivalent a plus
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening, and reference checks.
All candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 before commencing work or commit to obtaining full vaccination within 30 days of commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Maplewood will require unvaccinated candidates to obtain their first dose prior to commencing work and then obtaining a second dose with in thirty days after the first dose. Those who do not obtain full vaccination within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)