Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Information Technology Support Technician works under the supervision of the Lead IT Support Desk. The IT Support Technician provides IT Technical support services through telephone, email, remotely over the network or on site assistance to CLH staff and customers. Detail documentation and logging of request and incidents, assist with projects and incident resolution.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent English communication skills, telephone, email, and written.
- Manage phone calls and email requesting IT assistance and reporting incidents
- Understanding of IT Service Management, incident and request management
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Maintain drivers license and vehicle
- Passes company drug testing program pre-hire and thereafter on a periodic and/or random basis.
- Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
IT Support Technician II
- Understanding of IT Service Management with minimum 2 years of experience providing IT Support for an enterprise network environment or associate degree in IT field, or relevant IT Certifications
- Understanding of computer Hardware, Operating systems, applications, network devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and discern between hardware, network, and software issues.
- Build desktop PC and setup peripherals.
- Completes tasks with minimal supervision.
Under direct supervision, and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Work under the supervision and direction of the Lead IT Support Technician and accordance with Company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides immediate response to technical questions and problems related hardware, network, and application related issues.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reading publications and attending continuing education courses.
- Maintains the equipment and devices used by the systems to the satisfaction of the clients. Follows up on all problems associated with the output and prints to the clients.
- Performs operation maintenance on the mission critical systems (i.e., backup, cleaning, etc.).
- Knowledge of desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, Xerox Document Management, Telecommunication, telecommunications systems, fax servers, and network devices and ability to identify problems and fixes.
- Maintain hardware, software inventory and accurate documentation.
- Assists in training users on proper operation of equipment and use of basic systems functions.
- Document request and incident in IT ticketing and tracking system
- Adheres to safety, confidentiality, compliance, and legal requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Must be able to hear, see, and respond adequately.
- Frequent prolonged sitting.
- Use of hands and fingers.
- Air conditioned laboratory environment
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals.
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction.
- May be required to work extended hours, on-call support, and subject to emergency call back
- Work locations may vary throughout the day and from day to day to provide service to locations in need of support
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Ability to understand instructions, reason, and make judgments.
- Understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their effective use.
- Ability to perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material.
- Ability to communicate clearly with others.
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships.
- COMMUNICATOR: Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; possesses strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Uses data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- RESULTS DRIVEN: Achievement-oriented; achieves and exceeds goals; pushes self and others for results.
- ANALYTICAL: Logical, systematic, and methodical in working through a plan or problem; provides solid research on which to base decisions; establishes process for workflow.
- QUALITY CONSCIOUS: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules, and standards.
- COLLABORATIVE: Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- TIME-WISE: Prioritizes; respects others’ time; adheres to schedules and agendas.
VERSATILE: Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures, and cultures
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Clinical Labs of Hawaii is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Sonic Healthcare USA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a total rewards package, apply now!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.