The IT Support Technician Level II role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house desktops and other nodes on the network that support end-user organizational functions. This includes installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning of operating systems and components across the supported facility in a timely and efficient manner. The IT Support Technician Level II will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, maintain and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and printers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and deploy production facility scanning and printing equipment.
- Troubleshoot PC controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Setup and deployment of new PCs and printers.
- Troubleshoot issues with network, PCs, printers and applications.
- Use helpdesk software to track information, status and resolution for all requests.
- Maintain inventory of location specific business critical IT hardware and supplies.
- Ensure location specific production machinery redundancy is readily available.
- Ensure location specific server backup processes successfully complete
- Maintain location specific Active Directory information.
- Coordinate and participate in key IT process improvements throughout the organization.
- Participate in the design and review of new systems and application deployments for workstations.
- Ensure that workstations comply with established policies, security standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Recommend and execute modifications to workstations in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Conduct research on hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Coordinate and participate in deployment of service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed or tasked.
- Develop project plans and associated communication documents.
- Participate in location specific Kaizen, TPM and A3 events as requested.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships both inside and outside of the company for vital success of any project.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution.
- On-call for after-hours support via cell phone.
- Other duties as required.
General Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Operating systems experience with Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Familiar with Microsoft products, such as Office 365 Exchange, Office Suite, SharePoint, SQL, WSUS, and Active Directory.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies including security, VPN, and OWA.
- Technically competent with various software programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply innovative technologies.
- Physically able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to travel for the purpose of meeting with vendors and off-site project deployment including air travel.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.