Performs IT systems engineering, administrator and support functions. The position is accountable for performing the analysis, design, implementation, administration, and support of computer software/hardware as assigned. Position will work within the IT organization, helping to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the IT infrastructure. Person within this position must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
This position will serve as part of a team of IT administrators and engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other work-related duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for engineering, design, deploying, and administrating infrastructure solutions (hardware and software)
- Leads in developing the business justification, developing and documenting the design, and completing the installation of IT Infrastructure hardware and software as requested and/or required.
- Remain current on technology and industry trends affecting Paradigms business and make recommendations for system improvements accordingly.
- Identifies and communicates IT Infrastructure needs and upon approval implements the new hardware/software solution to remediate the need.
- Perform performance monitoring, system tuning, and capacity planning to maintain optimal performance of systems.
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
- Perform testing and integration to ensure that all software and hardware operate properly together.
- Become familiar with hardware/software applications used at Paradigm, which IT is responsible for deploying and supporting.
- Develop/create business justifications for recommended projects to be presented to upper management including the appropriate funding justification for the project.
- Develop technical documentation such as application workflows, work instructions, procedures, processes and recommended IT policies.
- Develop and document standards, policies, and procedures for specific IT environments along with system specifications, system design documentation, implementation processes, and operational support documentation.
- Document, implement, and keep accurate all components of event management for each IT solution
- Create and document Support Strategies ensuring the ongoing support expectations of all IT solutions aligns with the business expectations.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of all infrastructure configurations and their functions
- Conduct software roll-outs or code deployment of both commercial and internally developed applications that may be complex and critical in nature.
- Supports IT Operations as needed with system administration and maintenance, data backup and recovery, security administration, systems repairs, and configuration changes.
- Provide System Administration on IT systems as required (to include but not limited to):
- Installing and configuring software and hardware
- Administer IT servers and technology tools
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Upgrade systems with new releases (software and patches) and models
- User administration (setup and maintaining accounts)
- Resetting user passwords
- Lock/unlock user accounts
- Monitor server security
- Monitor special services
- Ability to understand potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure accessibility
- Ability to work with developers to implement bug fixes
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
- Competency in writing, documenting, and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime due to required human intervention
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues
- Lead problem management events and create root cause analysis documentation for upper management.
- Provide complex technical support to end-users.
- Monitor access to the network by addressing issues of data security and file access at the service level.
- Identify and resolve security issues as required.
- Proactively pursue increased knowledge (business and technical) and responsibility.
- Identify tasks necessary to achieve project goals and provide work effort estimates.
- Project Manage the installation/implementation of IT infrastructure projects using project management best practices
- Act as a vendor liaison while maintaining relationships with external suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per Policy No. 255 Information Security Incident Management.
- Mentor/train other team members
- On-Call after hours support as required
- Other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Experience – Candidates must have 4+ years of experience in a system administration or system engineering role in a Microsoft environment.
- ITIL Certification and experience desired
- Supervisory – ability to mentor/train other team members, review their work and provide effective, constructive feedback.
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge and hands-on administration experience with the following technologies:
- Cloud knowledge and experience of Azure
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Server Blade Technology (Cisco UCS systems including FI preferred)
- Microsoft Exchange, both On-Premise and Exchange Online
- Microsoft Windows Server and Client OS
- Storage solutions (Nimble preferred)
- Microsoft Active Directory, both On-Premise and Azure
- Microsoft DNS and DHCP
Additionally, hands-on administration experience with several of the following technologies is highly desirable:
- Microsoft SharePoint, both On-Premise and SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Skype
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft Windows Update Services
- Cisco Networking (switches, routers, wireless)
- Cisco AnyConnect
- Cisco Call Manager and Unity voice mail
- Firewalls (Checkpoint and Cisco ASA preferred)
- Enterprise backup (Barracuda preferred)
- Monitoring Tools
- Disaster Recovery
- Language Skills – Must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Skills – Must possess excellent project management skills and have experience in managing medium to large IT projects.
- Reasoning Ability Must possess excellent reasoning skills, and be able to evaluate multiple potential solutions to complex problems.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.