Location: Alfred, NY Category: Professional Posted On: Mon Jul 8 2019 Job Description:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Trainer based in our IT Department to help our faculty, staff and students with technology. The person in this position will create technical training programs with the goal of helping others develop user skills to meet organizational needs. The IT Technical Trainer is expected to be an excellent communicator who can explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way. Along with technical training this individual will be responsible for IT communication and documentation to include the IT website, IT newsletter and development of user support documentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the IT Team to plan user skills-focused technical training programs by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flows, and job-specific functions and tasks
- Perform light IT duties
- Design electronic and hard copy training references
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops, etc. in groups or individually
- Observe and evaluate the results of training programs
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications
- Participate in IT Organizational writing efforts which may include validation documentation, process documentation and similar tasks
- Coordination of communication of IT announcements and outages
- IT Website updates
- Develop IT documentation
- Knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to speak to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Associate’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience.
Bachelor degree in IT related field or equivalent experience.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/university-police/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.