Java Software Developer
Primary Location: San Antonio, TX
Secondary Location: Lake Mary, FL
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. You’ll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
What does an exceptional Software Developer do?
We're looking for a Software Developer to help in building out core development of our products. This is an API, microservices, backend application development opportunity, with third-party service integrations and cloud infrastructure. As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of talented people responsible for customizing and implementing a sophisticated enterprise banking software in a fast-paced results oriented environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the execution of the product, design and architectural roadmaps.
- Work with the product owner to provide technical insight and guidance into the product roadmap.
- Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to standard methodologies.
- Review process, components and dependencies with the architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
- Focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the teams.
- Stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; champion a culture of openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Design and develop core extensions to an innovative web application framework.
- Be a standout colleague, who is passionate about development, and is anxious to learn from other high-level developers.
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
- Able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Work with multiple engineering teams, and multi-functional partners.
- Adhere to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best practices.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, EE, or other related degrees. Will consider prior Java Development experience with High School Diploma, in lieu of college degree.
- 4-6 years of hands-on experience Software Development.
- 4+ years of Java Development.
- 2+ years of applying Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC, Cloud.
- 4+ years of relational database design & modeling.
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other public.
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale web applications.
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Master’s Degree or Cloud Technology certifications.
- Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and common APIs.
- Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and Cloud.
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservices-style and cloud based application architectures.
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on Docker or Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments,
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Who we are:
Fiserv has been a trusted name in financial services technology for more than 35 years. We’re leading the digital transformation of financial services, helping financial institutions, billers and consumers move and manage money – securely, expertly and with ease – through our creative solutions and deep expertise.
For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth time in the last 10 years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE Magazine "World’s Most Admired Companies®."
We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team of experts, so if you’re seeking an environment where leadership, teamwork and innovation are valued, and career development is meaningful to you, you’re in the right place.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.