At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical expertise for the Realtime IT Advance Meter Outage System (AMOS) and Interfaces that support PECO Distribution System Operations. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Expected to work under minimal supervision and manage a team of application support professionals. On-call and emergency support will also be a requirement for the position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise in support of maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions for distribution system operations.
- Contribute as the tech expert to project technical architecture design and development and provide support to resolve application design and architecture issues.
- Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting.
- Continuously upgrade applications to Exelon and Industry based standards including server and database upgrades, IIS upgrades, and so forth.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
- Support companywide security initiatives.
- Provide 24/7 support as part of a rotational team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and 5 to 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of the Utilities Business, including understanding of electric & gas distribution systems.
- Technical experience in leading small IT projects or sub-teams
- Familiarity with key systems such as OMS, AMI, ADMS as well as related integrations.
- Software support experience within an application support environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases (SQL), PL/SQL, MQ Series.
- Excellent communications skills – must be able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
- Ability to work with remote project teams
- Strong technical, problem solving and analysis ability
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Understanding of project management principles and experience leading projects
- Knowledge and experience in middleware technologies and Java programming is a plus
- Prior Team Lead experience preferred.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of applications across Exelon
- Utilize understanding of customers business needs to determine technical requirements
- Apply technical expertise to plan, design, build or support products and processes.
- Help other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio.
- As assigned, manager budget for area of responsibility and manage working relationships with outsourcing members.
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems
- Work under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.