PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes under the guidance of a Lead Analyst or Manager. May assist in the coordination of tasks for subordinates. Independence level: Works under general supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes. For Projects: analyze requirements, design, build, and test IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards. For operations/application maintenance: enhance, maintain or support existing IT products and processes to the defined service level agreement
– Maintain engagement with business and IT partners.
– Assist less experienced personnel.
– Proactively build business/IT knowledge to provide solutions.
– Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Apply and verify compliance to standards as defined within the Management Model.
– Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 to 7 years related experience in systems administration and hardware support, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration and hardware support in a high-availability environment. Some Windows Server administration and support experience.
– Experience managing storage technologies such as RAID, LVM, SAN, NAS
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Self-motivated, possess an attitude of ownership and a strong desire to learn
– Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize work and responsibilities
– Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
– Knowledge of storage array administration
– Knowledge of business practices and processes in SCADA or Industrial Control Systems support
– Some Windows Server administration and support experience a plus
– Administer Linux and Unix environments including Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris 11.4 SPARC, and CentOS distributions.
– Contribute to projects aimed at improving the computing and storage infrastructure including backup and recovery, performance monitoring, capacity planning, trouble resolution and remediation.
– Support installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of operating systems in accordance with regulated as well as standard business practices.
– Maintain documented evidence of all changes in accordance with regulated and standard business practices.
– Interface with members of other teams both within the organization as well as other organizations within Exelon Utilities to achieve project and operational goals.
– assigned, work effectively with outsourcing partners
– Performs this service in support of Exelon Real Time and SCADA systems.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster