Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Lead Business Analyst/ Data Analyst (Production Layer), Vice President
Working as a member of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO), Enterprise Data Quality Team (EDQ), responsible for enabling the efficient and actionable use of data by planning, developing, and implementing enterprise data controls across systems within the Bank with a focus on Risk and Regulatory Reporting under the Data Management Integrated Control Framework (DMICF). Activities include performing Production Layer Controls assessments, analyzing gaps, ensuring control maturity, preparing remediation action plans to ensure gap closure, and proper control implementation. Work with a broad range of teams and roles across the organization including teams such as Office of the Chief Data Officer, Americas Risk Management, and Regulatory Reporting as well as roles such as Report Content Owners, Business System Owners, System Managers, project business sponsors, business and technical Subject Matter Expert resources within multiple MUFG entities, project manager, project leads, and IT.
- Working with Data Officers in Risk and Regulatory reporting and other business functions to build out entry criteria for DQ incidents and problems
- Liaising between the Business and Technology teams and will be responsible for ensuring all objectives are met per assigned timelines
- Reducing manual processes and driving automation of end to end production process for in scope controls
- Understand and apply familiarity with Risk and Regulatory Reporting and Financial Crimes processes and Enterprise Metadata concepts such as Key Data Elements, Business Information Model, Report Attributes, Data Attributes, Physical Location, etc.
- Communicate with Business and System SMEs (including but not limited to Data Officers, Business System Owners, System Managers, Control Owners, Report Owners, etc.) to explain project objectives and scope, and to conduct assessments and remediation of gaps.
- Understand data lineage across complex current state system environments and target state.
- Performing data analysis including data extraction with standard SQL Tools.
- Capturing business and data requirements as appropriate within system development lifecycle across business and technology.
- Perform gap assessment on DMICF Controls to determine appropriate remediation plan for implementing Production Layer Controls as appropriate on in- scope systems.
- Support creation of various project related documentation
- Determine data domains, identify in scope KDEs, assessment of rules required and expected.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) required
- 7-10 years of Business / Data Analysis, prior experience working with industry best practices.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement, prior experience with assessing processes for risks and controls is preferred.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of various teams
- Capacity to identify and understand business needs and incorporate into technical requirement solutions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend/implement effective solutions
- Experience with identifying, collecting, and reporting metrics and results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are require
- Advanced competency with Office 365, SharePoint, Visio, MS-Project (helpful).
- Banking /Financial Services industry experience a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.