Lead Control Systems Engineer
Job Description Summary
GE Aerospace is committed to developing revolutionary technologies in support of net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and thus building a more sustainable future of flight. Join the team developing these technologies as the Lead Control Systems Engineer.
The Lead Control Systems Engineer will report to the Control Systems Manager within the GE Evendale Advanced Technologies Organization. The Lead Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development and validation of flight critical subsystems that enable the safe operation of ground and flight test technology demonstrator vehicles.
This role is focused on execution of professional activities within a the Controls discipline, which includes logic and software as well as fluid and electrical hardware. The role functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies and review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and manage program plan for engine control system and software
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop and manage requirements for engine control compatible with the overall system needs of the engine vehicle
- Integrate with fluid and electrical systems leads to optimize control system design
- Establish clear baseline configurations and conduct trade studies against those baselines to improve system design
- Contribute to the development of system models. Integrate control system models in an effective manner to co-develop the plant and control
- Execute on program deliverables, including design reviews, formal control system documentation, proposals, etc.
- Identify system prognostics and diagnostics to manage reliability for increasingly complex systems
- Identify, develop, evaluate, introduce, and manage engineering solutions for product control and control system technology needs
- Apply control theory and mathematical modeling to design and control systems with desired behaviors. Includes operability, setting of boundaries, cycle optimization, control logic, control related software, sensors, hardware and software algorithms, and feedback to control the performance of devices, subsystems and systems
- Develop in-depth knowledge in the Control Systems domain
- Use prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy
- Develop and apply in-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Apply in-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Use judgment and propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance
- Utilize prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks
- Apply analytical thinking required to solve problems
- May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions
- Provide informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience related to fluid systems and/or the mechanical components on the engine that affect the control, fuel, and hydraulic systems of the engine.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering environment
- Control System or Transient Dynamics design experience
- Modeling experience (Simulink, NPSS)
- Coding and software development experience (MATLAB, Python, SCADE)
- Familiarity with hardware in the loop test environments
- Electrical and Fuel Systems Knowledge
- Heat Transfer Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.