Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As a Data Analyst you will be collecting and interpreting data, analyzing results, reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business, identifying patterns and trends in data sets, working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs, and defining new data collection and analysis processes.
You will build and maintain solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By designing dashboards, reports, and other visualization tools, you will help other business units (operations, patient engagement) analyze their own data and make data-driven decisions. The hope is that you will influence data-driven decision-making across the entire organization.
- Lead all aspects of requirements analysis, traceability and testing for enhancements and projects that are small, medium or large in size &/or complexity while supporting those functions for large cross-functional or Enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Perform day-to-day operational support and may be required to mentor other analysts.
- Participate in data verification to validate the accuracy of the data conversion effort.
- Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts and validates any discrepancies with the business teams.
- Participate in the design and delivery of solutions that support the fundamental data and governance process.
- Assists the vendor and system integration partners through designing, configuration, testing, deploying and supporting data conversion related initiatives
- Accountable to handle multiple simultaneous data & reporting projects.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Develop data models according to company standards.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
- Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required.
- 6-8 years work experience doing quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Complete project lifecycle experience in a data conversion role
- Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
- Strong leadership, planning, scheduling, and organization skills.
- Collaborate with business sponsors, functional analysts, external technology partners and data architects to investigate data needs, design data structure, develop data map and testing of the transformation solution
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong Financial industry experience.
- Strong PM experience within technology organization.
- Must have hands on project and program management experience; must have a track records of project go live implementations.
- Must have Technology infrastructure or application development experience. Extensive knowledge of data model theory, database design, SQL and related data warehousing practices. Experience with Cognos and Tableau and their respective consumption of data is a valuable added capability
- Use of other Data Modeling tools will be considered with the core skill set – Advanced – SQL , Python (descriptive / predictive models) and Tableau viz .
- Demonstrated Critical Thinking skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Effective Conflict Management skills.
- Strong Organization and Time management skills.
- Proven Facilitation and Presentation skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Strong Technical Acumen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.