Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
As an Engineer on our Finance Modernization team, you will provide technical (design & development) leadership in support of our migration from legacy technologies to cloud based solutions. You will be involved in the in development of ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) applications within an evolving AWS infrastructure and support the preparation and transmission of data between systems. This position requires excellent communication skills for understanding business vision and the ability to translate the vision into technical artifacts.
- Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, leveraging open-source tools and data-processing frameworks.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and recommends possible technical solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Python, SPARK, Hive to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility.
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved team processes; mentors junior team members
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Snowflake and S3 or other cloud technologies
- Experience in migrating ETL processes (not just data) from relational warehouse Databases to AWS based solutions
- Experience with Spark and/or Python
- Experienced in Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience in Finance domain is a big plus.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.