At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
Our Digital Engineering team is looking for a Lead Infrastructure Automation Engineer that will be part of leading the most important digital transformation work happening at Fannie Mae today. We are looking for a Lead Engineer/Tech Coach that will be playing a key role in helping to further our Sentinel policy development, defining policy as code principles for the entire organization.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Digital Engineering – Software Engineering – Lead Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experience; 4 years of experience leading or influencing teams
Education Level (Required): Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent
- Experience and strong understanding of AWS including Accounts, VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, NAT Gateways, ALBs, etc.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python and configuration languages such as YAML/JSON
- Experience with Sentinel Policy as Code and experience with Go
- Good understanding of AWS IAM configurations
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (i.e. GitLab, Jenkins) and their integration to infrastructure
- Experience with Hashicorp Configuration Language (HCL) for module & policy development
- Knowledge of Lambda development using Python
- Confidence and ability to work and influence leadership and key stakeholders throughout the organization
- You consider yourself a technology leader and have the ability to coach and mentor other engineers on best practices
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally with the business and technical teams
- Software Engineering background is preferred
- Experience writing custom terraform providers/plug-ins
- Familiarity with Cloud Security benchmarks including CIS and Infosec
- Optional Certification(s) would be a plus: Terraform Associate Certification, Amazon Cloud Solutions Architect, Amazon Cloud Security
Reference #: REF6069X
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.