Position Title: Lead Middleware Developer
Position Status: 6-month contract to permanent
Overview: Our client is looking for a Lead Middleware Developer for a REMOTE position based out of their HQ in Chesapeake, VA. They are a Fortune 500 American multi-price-point chain of discount variety stores company. Join the IT Team as a Lead Middleware Developer where you will play a key role interacting with enterprise teams and mentoring junior developers to create solutions for Retail Store systems.
Requirements: The Lead Middleware Developer performs design, development, installation, tuning, and maintenance of middleware applications. Provisions platforms and infrastructure with middleware solutions. The developer analyzes requirements to implement effective middleware architecture, resolve technical issues, and optimize performance. Defines and documents technical designs and system configurations. Additionally, the developer and cross-functional technical teams enable and support all business systems.
- Architect, build, and scale middle tier infrastructure and applications.
- Partner with Architects, Developers, Project Managers, and other engineers to implement middleware solutions and support Business requirements.
- Contribute to key technical directions and strategic decision discussions for Middleware solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate with onshore and offshore teams.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance.
- Work will include all aspects of software development lifecycle concentrated with middleware development.
- Support and maintain existing application interfaces using middleware tools.
- Design and develop new interfaces for a wide variety of business applications and write functional and technical specs.
- Communicate directly with other IT application owners to provide middleware technical support and assistance.
- Participate in version upgrades and migrations of the middleware tools.
- 5-10 years in .NET or Java (or both).
- Prior Mobile Development exp as well, IOS or Android (or both).
- Experience leading or mentoring Jr developers.
- Prior Retail experience or background (Nice to Have).
- Self-starter with sense of urgency, drive to work towards results, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition.