SNC is looking for a Lead Principal Electrical Engineer to lead / develop an Electronics Product Development Area to Design, Develop and Manufacture High Reliability electronics for Space applications. The person will be instrumental in developing a Team of Engineers to support Analog and Digital electronic designs for Motion Control Products used to accurately move space flight mechanisms. The candidate should have experience leading small teams of engineers through the design and development phases of Electronic devices used in Space Applications. Experience with Motion Control Products is desired.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate problem solving for new Electronic product designs and as well as existing products
- Lead a small team of Electrical Engineers through the development of Spaceflight Motor Controllers including:
- Specification Development
- Schematic development
- PCB layout review
- FPGA development review
- Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews
- Support of Manufacturing and Test Readiness Reviews
- Work with Systems Engineering to ensure that the system level requirements are met through specification development and hardware development.
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews including:
- Internal Peer Reviews
- Preliminary Design Reviews
- Critical Design Reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards
- Support of assembly, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics
- Responsible for the design and development of units from concept, qualification, and delivery
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Electrical Engineering and 17+ years of experience
- working knowledge within the space community and electronic design requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Interface Control drawings, Functional block diagrams, and Schematics
- PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills
- Knowledge of FPGA development processes
- Strong understanding of Space Flight Requirements associated with Electronics including:
- EEE parts Selection
- Worst Case Analysis
- Parts Stress Analysis
- Digital and Analog Circuit design and Simulation
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.