Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Discover Financial Services is looking for a Lead Java Software Developer to drive delivery in all aspects of software development. You will collaborate with product managers and your peers as part of a scrum team to execute on a broad range of projects for the digital products that power Discover, from feature enhancements to designing and building technical solutions. You will use Java Spring and will be equipped with modern CI/CD developer tool kit (STS/IntelliJ, Cloud Development, GitHub, Jenkins, Trident Pipeline, Nexus, Serenity BDD, Wiremock and Gatling to name a few).
Our Fraud, Authorization & Authentication Value Stream is responsible for all development of our related digital products across our Card division. We would be thrilled to have you join our XP & BDD digital transformation journey.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
You will be successful at Discover if you can:
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department’s developer community to support our digital transformation journey
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
What You’ll Do
- Develop large scale customer facing web applications on Discover.com (big-browser and mobile) as well as web-based applications which support our call centers.
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business product owners to understand business requirements.
- Actively participate and contribute in all agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups and retrospective meetings.
- Design solutions and lead them from inception to production.
- Deliver technology solutions that support Discover’s business strategic goals.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes including Test Driven Development and paired programming.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to transform and increase team’s efficiency, automation and quality of its applications.
- Integrate software engineering best practices into team’s culture.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in formation Technology, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in a highly complex and scaled global technology organization
- Time spent working for an organization in either the financial services or technology space
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines)
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
#BI-Remote #Remote # LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.