Cox Automotive is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to be a key contributor in our Central Dispatch team. This individual will engage in active software development and work in tandem with our team of talented engineers to create scalable and high-quality software solutions.
- Engage with analysts, product owners, and other stakeholders to transform functional and technical requirements into actionable software objectives.
- Assist in estimating development work for projects, enhancements, and routine maintenance.
- Foster collaborative relationships within the software engineering team and with other departments to ensure consistent best practices.
- Contribute meaningfully to team discussions and problem-solving sessions.
- Share insights and suggestions to enhance software performance, functionality, and user experience.
- Play a pivotal role in the software development process, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality software solutions.
- Design, code, and test software components using .NET C# and other relevant technologies, ensuring scalability and maintainability.
- Work cohesively with QA and product teams to incorporate feedback and iterate on software products.
- Identify and address software issues, improving system reliability and user satisfaction.
- Engage in peer code reviews, promoting a culture of excellence and mutual growth.
- Embrace continuous learning, keeping up with industry trends, and exploring new technologies and methodologies to elevate the team's capability.
- Advocate for best practices in software development, ensuring consistent code quality and system reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6+ years experience in a related field is required. The right candidate could also have a different combination. such as a master's degree and 4 years of experience; a Ph. D. and up to 1 years of experience; or 18+ years of experience in a related field.
- Solid experience as a Software Engineer, with proficiency in .NET C#, React and Typescript.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS), is preferred. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
- Deep understanding of software development best practices and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proven problem-solving abilities and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in an agile development setting, working harmoniously with cross-functional teams.
- Effective communication skills, capable of explaining intricate technical details coherently to both tech-savvy and non-technical individuals.
- Dedication to team collaboration, continual learning, and always striving for excellence.
- A proactive mindset is a plus and regarded favorably across the board.
Tools & Tech Stack
React, Typescript, Single SPA
JetBrains Developer Tool suite (Preferably Rider)
RESTful APIs (creating as well as leveraging/integrating 3rd Party APIs)
AWS (Developer Tools, EC2, SQS, SNS, Elasticache, and RDS)
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.