Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
As a part of Credit Risk Technology, Software Engineering team support Credit Strategies Group, Credit Risk Modelers, CECL / CCAR processes and Credit Risk Reporting. They work with technology and business leads to build or enhance critical Credit Risk applications both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS). They also assess vendor solutions and actively participate in efforts to integrate and enhance vendor products. As an experienced manager of Software Engineering, you will collaborate with other senior technical team members and other developers to conceptualize, design and deliver innovative technology solutions. You will interact with various technology, product and business teams across MUFG. You will play a key role in executing our strategy of rationalizing, consolidating and migrating Credit Risk applications to cloud native solutions. You will possess in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and demonstrate a passion for designing and building elegant solutions and for continuous self-improvement. The ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, is critical
- Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques: Scala, Java, Node, REST, microservices, AWS/Cloud infrastructure, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins
- Provide technical leadership in terms of architecting applications, mentoring developers, making smart technology decisions, etc.
- Deliver projects that adhere to continuous delivery practices with automated unit testing, integration testing and performance testing pipelines
- Lead and manage a team of excellent software engineers to expertly design, build, deliver, and operate high quality software that delights our customers.
- Partner & Collaborate with business systems analysts, project managers, QA engineers, product owners and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development
- Partner with DevOps engineers on the design and maintenance of the build pipeline.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensure that systems your team creates comply with MUFG best practices and governance models including security, operations, and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
- Building and managing multi-location Software Engineering teams
- Managing a Core Engineering Services Teams in Architecture, Data and Engineering.
- Provide engineering leadership to improve the productivity of Tech teams / members by improving, automating and enabling product capabilities.
- Driving normalization/standardization of technology disciplines, collaborating with firmwide CI/CD engineering service owners and Practice Enablement.
- Collaborating with other team members to develop training videos, infographics or tutorials.
- In summary, the Software Engineering Manager is a specialized part of an integral team of software experts put together to design, create, deploy and update applications for any number of audiences that appeal to enterprise businesses.
- This Position Reports to: Director
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
- Typically requires 10-15 years of application development experience with emphasis on Object Oriented analysis, design and development methodology and Systems Development Lifecycle
- Experience managing teams in Agile environments
- Experience in an international corporation with a remote workforce preferred
- Have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, Software engineering fundamentals, Software Development Lifecycle concepts, framework and deliverables.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and computational complexity.
- Demonstrated experience leading & managing software engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development practice.
- Solid proficiency in one in large scale software development in one or more programming languages (Java, .NET, C++, Go etc.) and multiple design techniques
- Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to lead large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experience building APIs / microservices using Java/Spring frameworks with ability to work at code level
- Experience working in a large-scale Agile environment preferable using a formal scaled Agile framework
- Experience developing web applications using at least one of front-end frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, ReactJs) and one of backend frameworks (e.g. Spring, NodeJs)
- Hands-on experience with technologies such as JBoss Application & Web server, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS Server, and IBM MQ.
- Experience in relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies such as Hibernate and Entity Framework.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying applications with automation tools.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication and writing skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and work independently or as part of a team.
- A strong desire to collaborate and provide coaching & mentorship to software engineers.
- Passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and stakeholders.
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Ability to present information to wide variety of audiences including senior management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.