Lead Software Test Engineer
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead Software Test Engineer to join our team!
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that – family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
The ideal candidate for the role performs and participates in application development and testing, ensuring continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. The person in this role is responsible for building and maintaining quality within the software development process with automated back- and front-end testing suites, providing comprehensive support from code development through functionality. This role works in collaboration with multiple cross functional teams and product lines and it requires strong documentation, attention to details, critical and strategic thinking.
- Perform detailed test architects and designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Develop and improve existing test automation libraries (i.e., make them faster, more flexible, and easier to use) for UI and API automation test suites
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex interaction between systems
- Define and establish test automation metrics to measure product quality and feedback to engineers
- Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Experience supporting User Acceptance testing effort by user training and developing test artifacts
- Reviews code for accuracy and quality.
- Supports quality improvement initiatives for future applications or projects.
- Subject Matter Expert in tools and processes used in On Prem and Cloud infrastructure
- Create automated delivery pipelines for deployment of internal and third-party services
- Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of application monitoring and alerting
- Lead a team of test engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a Master's degree and 4 years experience or a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Development / Test Life Cycle with Automation testing
- Experience with Automation Testing Tools (such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Type Script, Playwright etc… )
- Experience with building automation libraries from the ground up
- Exposure to backend services/microservices testing is a plus
- Experience with BDD (Behavior Driven Development)
- Exposure to Java, Java Script/Type Script, Python or other Programming Language
- Experience with monitoring and alerting (using NewRelic, Splunk etc…) is a plus
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company's needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.