The Lead Solutions Architect works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals. The Lead Solutions Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. The key is to deliver expected business results and capabilities and identify which require technology implementation and/or investment.
The Lead Solutions Architect translates business needs into technical systems solutions. Integrates hardware, software and network interfaces to form a system. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action. In some instances, the result may be that technology is not required to solve the problem.
If the solution is broad (cuts across many domains), the Solution Architect may need to stay involved with the project during the design & build phases, in order to coordinate and rationalize the various architecture approaches across the solution.
Solution Architects have a multi-faceted focus to their work:
- A business focus, ensuring the solution meets the business capabilities/objectives.
- An enterprise focus, ensuring that the solution meets the enterprise requirements for reuse, compliance to standards, principles, traceability to enterprise reference models, and alignment with the target enterprise architecture vision.
- Envision and outline technical solutions to business problems within/across domains, including appropriate design tradeoffs, build-vs-buy options, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Create and refine the conceptual architecture for the proposed solution.
- Leverage industry and organizational standards, patterns, and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies.
- Transfer architecture deliverables to project/delivery managers and/or application/domain architects, as appropriate for the project.
- Involve the correct people to vet solutions.
- Drive the vetting of solutions, ultimately leading the vetting group to a decision point on which solution to implement. Included in this is the decision of buy-versus-build.
- Be responsible for the efficacy of the solution along with the BTL.
- Ensure the solution is aligned to enterprise architectural principles and roadmap.
- Explain, and advocate for, the roles of the various architects to business partners.
- Identify opportunities for reuse of existing solutions and capabilities.
- Stay current on business needs, strategy, and emerging technologies, including conducting independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8 years of progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture/engineering, information security, or other specialized technology field
- Experience delivering technology solutions in Healthcare, Digital, and/or Digital Health environments
- Experience presenting complex information to an audience.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, standards, and architecture frameworks.
Excellent Communication Skills to be able to skillfully partner and liaison with customer organizations
Ability to bring thought strategic thought leadership in technology (Cloud, Application Transformations and Data Management).
- Master's Degree
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.