Learning Architect – HUM000538
The Learning Architect is responsible for delivering strategic learning solutions that increase the capability of U.S. Cellular associates and leaders to deliver on business objectives. This role supports all phases of program development and delivery of learning solutions to include research, needs assessment, strategy development, design, development, delivery, and methods to determine program effectiveness. This role serves as program lead with budget and resource responsibility.
The role will be focused on one or more core program areas (for example: sales, customer service, etc.) and be responsible for the strategy of the assigned program area(s). The area of focus will change based on evolving business needs.
- Engage and consult with executive and/or functional business leaders to gain deep understanding of current and emerging business objectives, key initiatives, talent strategies, and organizational challenges
- Develop, modify, and implement performance strategies, both training and non-training, that deliver on organizational objectives. This includes conducting needs analyses to assess the state of the business and identifying key performance and skills/knowledge gaps
- Research, pilot, and implement cost-effective learning solutions as business needs change.
- Ensure integration of new technologies/products/processes/philosophies into the appropriate programs.
- Design, develop, implement, and review/approve of training materials/content and processes to ensure deliverables meet standards of excellence and consistency for effective learning and business results
- Consult with Learning Services and Leadership & Organization Development teams to ensure solutions are tightly integrated, impacts are identified and addressed
- Engage the Organizational Development team for organizational design, development, or Change Management/organizational support. Partner on the development of deliverables, as needed
- Define and document recommendations; present, gather feedback, and revise accordingly
- Leverage experiences in business operations, business strategy and leadership to craft best-fit learning solutions
- Engage with leaders to acquire project funding and approvals. Partner with stakeholders to ensure all initiatives are delivered on time, in-scope, and within budget
- Facilitate/teach training programs for associates and other partners as assigned. Facilitate organizational development interventions as assigned
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of marketing and communication strategies to build awareness of the organization's curriculum and learning opportunities
- Define metrics and work with HRSPI to develop and maintain a learning dashboard to track progress and execution of training programs
- Assist with resource allocation, (matrixed and consultant resources) set timelines, and provide oversight in training development and delivery. May lead team of learning professionals (matrixed and consultant) teams as necessary
- Take action to improve overall quality and effectiveness of work products and supporting infrastructure on an ongoing basis
- Ensure information is accurate, up to date, and communicated to the appropriate key stakeholders and partners
- Review status of learning programs, manage schedules, prepare status reports, and perform value analysis and reporting
- Assess program issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals
- Travel up to 40% may be required. Ability to travel and work non-traditional work schedules as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree or advanced studies in learning and development, instructional design, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' of experience in adult learning and development roles.
- Experience serving as a leader of people strongly preferred
- Program management experience leading large, complex projects and training development.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strategic alliances with leadership and key partners to gain commitment and implement performance solutions
- Strategic business focus with an understanding of the Leaders' perspective on emerging learning opportunities to support key business objectives
- Advanced knowledge of training methodology in each phase of the training lifecycle, i.e., assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Knowledge of consulting on learning practices including needs analysis, skill and performance assessments, organizational interventions, facilitation, and the design and delivery of content for various audiences
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills. Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data to drive decision-making and recommendations for performance solutions. Ability to distill data into concise, relevant presentations for executive audiences
- Demonstrated experience with Instructional Design principles and development applications, e.g., e-learning software, image and media editing software, etc
- Ability to assess the need for change management support and knowing when to engage the Change Management team within Organizational Effectiveness. Light knowledge and ability to develop Change Management deliverables (e.g., Communications Plan, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based applications for collaboration and facilitation, e.g., WebEx, Skype, social media sites, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Job : Human Resources
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.