Linux System Administrator
This Linux Administrator will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance and configuration of Linux servers supporting critical application infrastructure. This person will create and utilize scripts and automation , and function as a technical administrator and work with various teams. The right person will have a passion for automating routine tasks, and publishing/sharing work with team members. They need to have ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
This role must be located in Phoenix, AZ.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Develop and implement automated solutions to support operational and SLA objectives.
• Respond quickly and effectively to Linux issues and outages
• Understanding of network routing and firewall requirements
• Strong documentation skills with the ability to provide knowledge transfer to other team members
• Provide recommendations to improve design and reduce cost
• Creation of reports for both clients and management
• Participate in 24×7 on-call rotations for Linux support
• Provide technical leadership to more junior team members
• Has experience working in a large Linux environments with formal change management practices
• Experience with Remedy or IPcenter/1Desk preferred
• Must be detail-oriented with good organization skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Good communication and follow-up skills
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
• Strong experience in RHEL 7/8 Linux administration, performance tuning and support experience
• Understanding of secure configurations using benchmarks such as CIS or SCAP
• Write scripts to harden or remediate secure configurations and Perform vulnerability remediation
• Have a strong desire to automate routine tasks
• Strong Shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python)
• Experience with configuration management tool such as Ansible
• Experience with Source Control tool such as GitLab
• Experience with Rundeck
• Perform OS upgrades and patch installations
• Understanding of Yum/RPM and how to create and synchronize application repositories
• Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems
• Experience using VMware ESXi
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix environment
• Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines
• Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) desired.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and ethical at all times
• Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
• Must be willing to successfully complete any and all CGI/client specific background & security checks.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
• Strong documentation skills
• Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
• Ability to effectively aggregate, organize, and present information
• Pragmatic ability to balance process compliance, quality, innovation, and expedience
• Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead through influence
• Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Works well under pressure
• Knowledge of Agile & DevOps Concepts
• Experience with ITIL v3 preferred
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Patch Management
- Project Management