Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure projects.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- We welcome highly hardworking leaders who are enthusiastic about mentorship, coaching and the design of effective and efficient solutions to complex problems.
- You’re a passionate and dedicated people leader who recognizes that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers.
- You possess experience leading or managing engineers of all experience levels
- You possess excellent interpersonal, relationship-building skills
- You recognize the value of performance, availability, scalability, and observability of systems
- You regularly anticipate technical issues, and lead teams to avoid them.
- You are knowledgeable in the Software Development Lifecycle, Agile Methodologies, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality and production stability
- You have a minimum of five years of professional experience developing, deploying, and supporting microservices with high availability and reliability
- You have strong hands-on technical skills, and can contribute to coding and architecture
- You have experience with source code control, CI/CD, DevOps, serverless technologies, event driven architectures, Cloud experience – developing applications to run cloud agnostically with Azure and/or AWS are a plus.
- Passionate about teamwork, collaboration, growth opportunities, learning new technologies, and creating awesome experiences.
- A strong, hands-on technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, who has excellent communication (verbal/written) skills and can rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- A partner with other discipline leaders across client, application, support, and operations, enabling successful execution of the vision of Customer & Employee Experience domain
- Able to provide direction to keeps teams aligned and on track, ensuring a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Your experience with Telecom/Media/Cable industry is highly preferable
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.