When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Manager, Systems Software Engineering
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
Provide systems software integration to include system software support and upgrades, software programming and development, and secure solutions and configurations in support of “state of the art” highly complex and fully integrated diagnostic automation systems used in hospitals and private laboratories. This position will work close with our Center of Excellence to provide feedback and innovative ideas to ensure our customer and internal voice and presence is continued in the development of our software and systems.
- Effectively manage staff with a focus on professional development and growth
- Manage all aspects of Software documentation and deployment in connection/compliance with Center of Excellence and Quality Management System (QMS)
- Systems software validation and documentation, testing, troubleshooting, programming, performing software upgrades
- Leading projects pertaining to recommending and implementing laboratory workflow, automation, and process improvement to laboratory personnel, including integration projects of Phadia Laboratory Systems with Laboratory Automation Systems (LAS)
- Effectively manage cyber security risks and assessments for the Phadia Laboratory Systems
- Perform customer security assessments and ensure that our products meet or exceed all specifications and requirements outlined by customers, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Must often interact and work with Field Service Engineers (FSE) and Technical Application Specialists (TAS) to better improve systems performance and service-related issues through product support and software development
- Provide onsite service/systems engineering training and support to Laboratory LIS/IT, Biomedical Engineering Technicians (BMET) or advanced operators
- Support in-house Laboratory LIS and IT support needs.
- Implement and execute Systems Software Architecture Platform for larger commercial and regional laboratories, as well as key accounts
- Adopt/utilize PET for instrument diagnosis of routine and complex instrument issues. Provide technical know-how and work closely with all FSE to recommend PET improvements
- Evaluate/propose computer hardware architecture and system requirements based on the technical specifications of Phadia Laboratory Systems
- Bachelor of Science degree – Computer Science, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or IT related Preferred with 1-3 years of proven management experience
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess good technical presentation skills.
- Possess the ability to multitask and be organized while being driven by process and deadlines.
- The candidate must demonstrate good judgment in customer relations, be patient and able to work under pressure.
- The candidate should understand complete product life cycles that include software requirement specifications, software design and development, software testing, software release and support, and cybersecurity
- Understand systems integration technology to include software, electrical/electronics.
- The applicant must be an analytical thinker with good engineering aptitude, as well as a professional work ethic
- Strong competency in software programming languages in Microsoft Visual Studio C/C#/C++/Basic.NET Framework, and 3rd –party Report Generator software programming. Familiarity with programming and understanding Microsoft Access and SQL Database Architecture is a plus
- Experience with Service Management Systems (ServiceMax) a plus
- Ability to Travel up to 50% of the time, with possible international travel
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Locations: This position is located in Portage, MI.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.