The Senior Infrastructure Application Support position is an advanced level position within the Freddie Mac Platform Services team. This position will require broad technical knowledge of MicroStrategy, Tableau and Amazon Web Services on both an infrastructure and application level.
Your Work Falls into Four Primary Categories:
Infrastructure Engineering: Application Support
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across department for enhanced application and operational controls compliance including awareness, daily practice integration, evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management capabilities for computing/servers, application components, software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making across IT services and sustainable IT lifecycle.
- Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works under limited direction Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
Tableau Infrastructure Engineering
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of implemented Tableau solutions, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time.
- Implement development and design patterns that enable the next generation of service infrastructure.
- Support an eco-system of continuous delivery pipeline tooling, through integration and automation, including Artifactory.
- Review, implement and support a wide range of tools and services.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to understand and aid our customers in establishing and achieving their goals
MicroStrategy Infrastructure Engineering
- Responsible for the production and deployment of new software releases.
- Maintain high availability and resilience for all MicroStrategy offerings across Analytics, Mobility, and Security.
- Manage the back end of web & mobile applications to include server, agent gateway, load balancers, and active directory.
- Troubleshoot and triage problems or issues with software and hardware
- Manage and build servers to support needs of customers
Public Cloud Experience
- Management and operation of public cloud
- Design and Implement Public cloud architectures and environments
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for public cloud
- Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
- Design and build secure and scalable software infrastructure
- More than 5 years of related experience providing application support for Tableau and MicroStrategy tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years’ experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Skilled with MS Office
- Advanced experience with Agile and other project techniques
- Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server infrastructure
- Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure.
- Provide on-call support during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to adhere and enforce company and department processes, standards, controls on security, change management and risk
- Experience building and launching applications in public cloud (AWS experience a plus)
- Strong desire to learn new tools.
- Comfortable following to Agile methodologies.
- Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools
Keys to Success in this Role
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to prioritize work.
- Disaster Recover experience, either in-region or out-of-region
- Capability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Proficient in communicating clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.