As a Mid-Level Software Engineer, you will be contributing to a Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC-PAC) program supporting rapid response engineering for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) capabilities to emerging technology and Science & Technology (S&T) gaps. The project is following an agile methodology. You will contribute to all phases of the Software Engineering life-cycle.
What you’ll do…
• Core responsibilities shall include but not limited to: multiple virtual and physical servers
• Integrate and maintain systems running RHEL hosted on AWS
• Document client requirements, system architectures, test plans, and test cases
• Responsible for maintaining DevOps pipeline utilizing Openshift, and Artifactory
• Participate in the research, recommendations, and architecture discussions that contribute to the overall NIWC-PAC Program Executive Office (PEO) vision
• Work with the project manager, product vendors, other members of the team, other members from external programs, and onsite support personnel to plan and coordinate all test, installation, and operation activities
• Work with the development team to verify and validate any and all changes to the system and ensure that requirements are being met, troubleshoot test and production issues, and support system upgrades.
• Follow software and engineering best practices and customer processes
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a similar position, and a well-rounded scope of knowledge with excellent customer service and self-starting skills
You’d be a great fit if…
• You have experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or greater), including experience using Unix/Linux scripting languages to automate recurring tasks
• You have experience using Docker and OpenShift or Kubernetes
• You have experience with Java and SQL
• You have experience with software and system testing/QA, including the development of test plans, cases, and procedures
• You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
• You have excellent teamwork skills, result oriented, and self-motivated
• You are enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
• You hold an active Secret security clearance required.
It’d be even better if you…
- Have experience with Grails, Angular, Maven, Gradle, NPM, Ansible, Artifactory, Apache Tomcat, Open AM, SAML, REST, GIT, Jenkins, Microservice Architectures
• Have IAT Level 2 Certification or Comptia Linux+ and Security+ Certifications
• Have experience testing, supporting and deploying systems/software at a Government site
• Have experience working with the US Navy and/or the NIWC-Pacific.
• Have experience working with DoD C4ISR and net-centric architectures and systems
• Have the ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Have the ability to adjust personal style to different situations
• Have the ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
• Have the ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
• Have experience working within a rigorous engineering process e.g. CMMI Level III or greater and employing engineering best practices
• Have experience with information system operation and sustainment
• Hold a Top Secret/SCI Clearance (preferred)
What you'll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you’ll work…
San Diego, CA
This position requires the candidate to have an active Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.