Middleware Engineer – INF001429
The Middleware Engineer position at UScellular supports the Infrastructure, systems, and automation responsible for middleware and microservice application delivery within the UScellular core infrastructure. This role involves handling requests for new or updated services and applications as well as operational remediation and troubleshooting of incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain. Additionally, this person participates as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the Middleware domain and additionally contributes on projects in which they are required to with multi-functional teams in pursuit of a common goal.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and deploy applications in an enterprise middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance required to meet negotiated SLA's
- Define, track and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 4+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat) required.
- 4+ years of experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS) required.
- Experience supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- The ability to understand and construct firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Experience supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Experience supporting IBM DataPower XML/WAF Gateways (or similar services)
- Experience supporting Web Services API Standards, Tools and Technologies
- Experience developing automation scripts and tasks to drive efficiencies
- Experience working with Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc…)
- Experience designing and managing complex systems
- Experience developing change, version, and configuration control management systems.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL United States
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.