The Analytics & Experimentation Platform is being developed by Comcast Cable’s Technology & Product (T&P) organization and will soon provide critical decision-making power for a wide array of products and services, improving the experiences of millions of Comcast’s customers.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building specific components of our mobile SDKs and applications. You will work with other engineers with backgrounds in machine learning as well as scalable cloud services, and interface closely with product groups across all of Comcast. As a key member of the team, you will help define, refine, and test our mobile data entry-points as well as highly optimize traffic from mobile devices, to the benefit of the mobile experience as well as the cloud infrastructure.
Comcast T&P also encourages career development with regular opportunities for training and programs for innovative cross-team projects such as week-long Hackathon and job rotation programs over the summer.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of mobile Android application development experience with Java / Kotlin
iOS development experience a plus
- Must have strong logging, debugging, error handling, memory profiling habits
- Mobile platform fundamental experience required in the following areas:
- application life-cycle, events, permissions
- network operation behaviors, specifically with HTTP API calls
- emulator and physical device testing
- background operation
- local data store
- Experience building UIs and flows on the platform a plus
- Experience with mobile platform notifications a plus
- Advanced understanding of multi-threaded applications and efficient use of compute resources desired
- Experience with continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing
- Hands-on experience working with, or developing HTTP API web services a plus
- Experience using GIT versioning tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices (refactoring, TDD, pair programming)
- Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, and Protobuf desired
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.