Android Engineer within the Connected Solutions Mobile Development team. The successful candidate will work in the ever-growing IoT space, developing products to work in conjunction with IoT devices, wireless technology, server and database solutions. An excellent career opportunity for anyone looking to be part of the big data revolution. We are looking for an individual with a demonstrated interest in android development, who thrives on the challenges of learning new technologies and enjoys working as part of a highly skilled team.
Connection Solutions run projects in a close team environment, resulting in excellent experience opportunities, exposure to evolving technologies, project methodologies and dedicated talent development programs with opportunities for future career opportunities.
High level Breakdown of Responsibilities:
- Design – working with Product Management, Project Management and end user stories on new product design architecture.
- Development – taking designs and making them happen. Writing and testing code using strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Building high volume platforms – linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
- Quality Assurance – developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
- Project Environment – Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with collaboration across the software stacks.
Qualifications and Skill set:
- 3-5+ years Java Kotlin programming skills experience required along with a relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Proven experience developing and debugging mobile applications.
- Understanding of the Android operating system and programming environments.
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting steps when working on software bugs
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
Further skills which are desirable … and will be developed in this role:
- Unit Test driven development
- Bluetooth classic or BLE development
- Experience with networking and clientserver integration
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Sensor integration
- Examples of Apps on the Play Store
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.