Mobile Developer Architect Android/iOS
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
· Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
· Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
· An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
· Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
· A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
· A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
#software #android #development
You will work with a modern tech stack on mobile and cloud platform that strives to improve the health and well-being of users in over 49 countries. The core platform consists of systems housed in a large-scale environment responsible for processing billions of tasks every day. The candidate should have strong leadership ability and bring a passion for software engineering to help shape the direction of the team. Highly sought-after qualities include versatility and a desire to continuously learn, improve, and empower other team members. Candidate will support building scalable, highly available, efficient, and secure software solutions for medical devices.
What You'll Work On
• Architect, design and implement Software Solutions for Mobile platforms
• Focused on Mobile platform using Android and iOS
• Support software development and architecture best practices across multiple projects
• Design and implement services and components for supported architectures
• Support Mobile Development and Architecture using Android, iOS, Hybrid Technologies React Native, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile as well as Native Technologies Swift, Kotlin
• Architect, design and implement the cybersecurity of the supported systems
• Identify and solve design and technology issues within the current systems
• Design, Improve and Support product test, build and deployment processed and pipelines
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to design, develop and integrate with APIs that empower users to share and utilize their medical data in partner systems
• Design and implement unit testable code that is a highly maintainable solution
• Collaborate with both internal and external team members to shape and define API contracts
• Ensure performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
• Create software architecture and design documentation for the supported solutions and overall best practices and patterns
• Support solution groups with technical planning, design, and code reviews including peer code review of Pull Request
• Provide Architecture and Technical Knowledge training and support for the solution groups
• Develop good working relations with the other solution teams and groups, such as Engineering, Marketing, Product, Test, QA
• Stay current with emerging trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, other relevant field with min 6 plus years' experience or equivalent experience
• Familiar with architectures principles, patterns, framework and blueprints
• Proven experience with architecture and design for mobile, data and/or cloud systems
• Must have in-depth experience with Android development
• In-depth knowledge of Kotlin, UI, Services, Database, Notifications, Multi-Threading
• Knowledge of Android applications build process, package management and frameworks
• Familiar with data architecture and design practices for mobile solutions
• Familiar with Analytics Products such as Firebase, Segment, Sentry
• Familiar with Cybersecurity best practices and solutions for supported architecture. Familiar with cryptography concepts
• Proven experience implementing mobile solutions and components
• Preferred to have familiarity with multiple operating systems (iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux, Windows)
• Experience with documenting architectural and deign decisions.
• Experience with working and supporting with multiple development team members.
• Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
• Comfortable working asynchronously with a distributed team
• Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
• A willingness to learn new software development languages to meet goals and objectives
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals and experience with software development
• Eagerness to contribute beyond experience level
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.