Job ID: 623685BR
Date posted: Dec. 12, 2022
Locations: Orlando, Florida
Program: TOAR and GNC Engineers
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
We are seeking a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer for a missile program at our Orlando, Florida site who will perform the following key task:
• Develop, test, verify, and validate both complex models and simulations such as missile 6-degree-of-freedom simulations (6-DOF) and effects-based simulations
• Define, develop, and implement statistical methods used to validate simulations
• Generating artifacts that support Verification and Validation (V&V) including the Simulation Requirements Specifications (SRS), V&V Plan, Accreditation Plan, V&V Report, Accreditation Report, and lower level supporting documents
• Work with key suppliers to integrate and V&V specific models into the simulations
• Support program reviews and technical interchange meetings with internal leadership and/or external customers
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
You must have a Secret Clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years to be considered for this role.
Click here to learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
You must demonstrate the ability to perform one or more of the following Modeling and Simulation (M&S) assignments:
• Develop, verify, and validate complex vehicle models and simulations such as missile 6-degree-of-freedom simulations
• Demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following languages: C++, Matlab, Python
• Demonstrate strong skills in linear algebra, matrix math, trigonometry, and coordinate transformation
• Demonstrate strong skills in probability, statistics, and Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Active Secret clearance that has been investigated w/in the last 5 years
• Proficiency with C++ programming, Matlab, Python, Linux, and CSF/CMD architecture
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other